Food put 300 in hos­pi­tal

Weekend Argus (Saturday Edition) - - NEWS -

HANOI: More than 300 em­ploy­ees of a glove fac­tory in Viet­nam went to hos­pi­tal with sus­pected food poi­son­ing from their work lunch, com­pany sources said yes­ter­day.

The em­ploy­ees of Hai Vina Kim Lien com­pany be­came dizzy and nau­seous af­ter their lunch on Thurs­day, a com­pany of­fi­cial said.

“No one was killed but more than 80 work­ers were still in hos­pi­tal on Fri­day,” a hos­pi­tal of­fi­cial said.

“The fac­tory stopped work­ing Fri­day be­cause the com­pany lead­ers have to work with lo­cal au­thor­i­ties to in­ves­ti­gate the in­ci­dent,” the of­fi­cial said.

One of the vic­tims said the pork in her lunch smelled bad but she ate it any­way.

The firm said the cooked meals were made by three restau­rants. – Sapa-dpa

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from South Africa

© PressReader. All rights reserved.