Falling in love with the view, or a warthog bath
CONGRATULATIONS to Jeremy Galvin of Newlands for his picture of the Niagara Falls on the Canada-US border.
He says: “This photo of the Canadian side of the falls was taken from the hotel’s 14th floor observation lounge. A kindly local had advised me that I should use that vantage point, rather than go up the nearby Skytower, which is about R290 a ticket. The rainbow seen through the mists and spray was an added bonus.” Galvin wins a stay for four at Montagu Springs.
The runners- up are Juanita Nunes of Plumstead for her picture of the Eiffel Tower in Paris and Keith Honeyman of Meadowridge for his picture of warthogs in Addo.
Nunes spent a beautiful evening in Paris while waiting to board the last cruise on the Seine river. “I was pleasantly surprised with the spectacular show of the lighting-up of the tower.”
Honeyman recently went camping in Addo. “We came across these two sharing a bath. It was a hot day, there was little shade and the couple were enjoying the mud, water and companionship just as much as we enjoyed watching them. They were in no hurry and eventually we left them to their happy ablutions.” Competition rules: ● All photographs must relate to travel, and you may enter as many times as you like.
● All photographs must be sent as jpeg attachments and not embed- ded in MS Word documents.
● All photographs must be digital and high resolution. No photographs taken on cellphones or photographs smaller than 700kb will be accepted.
● Photographers must supply their name and surname, as well as the suburb they live in, with a phone number and 50 to 100 words describing how they came to take the picture they are submitting.
● Photographs received without full details and description, or the correct resolution, will not be considered for publication.
● Photographs must be e-mailed to travel@ inl. co. za and marked “Photo competition”.
PLUNGE POOL: Jeremy Galvin took this picture of the Niagara Falls on the Canadian side of the border with the US.
DIRTY BUSINESS: These warthogs in Addo were enjoying a leisurely mudbath, says Keith Honeyman.
CITY OF LIGHTS: At night the Eiffel Tower is a spectacular sight when it’s all lit up, says Juanita Nunes.