Photographs by our worthy winners
CONGRATULATIONS to Karen Gottschalk of Plumstead for her picture of a quaint German town called Herrenberg.
She recently visited friends in South-Western Germany.
“We travelled around and came across this picturesque town called Herrenberg, 30km south of Stuttgart. It reminded me of the story books I had read as a child, with the beautiful architecture.”
Gottschalk wins a mid-week stay for four at Montagu Springs.
The runners- up are Sandy Williams of Claremont for her picture of the Botanical Gardens in Caledon and Joletta Frahm of Hermanus for her picture of totem poles in Vancouver, Canada.
Williams visited Caledon for a relaxing three days.
“We decided to go for a walk and came across this beautiful garden and little lake. We continued and found out it was the Botanical Gardens. ”
Frahm visited Stanley Park while in Vancouver.
“We joined many visitors strolling along a forest trail along the coast. A cluster of totem poles near Brockton Point reminds visitors of the first inhabitants.” Competition rules: ● All photographs must relate to travel, and you may enter as many times as you like.
● All photographs must be sent as jpeg attachments and not embedded in MS Word documents.
● All photographs must be digital and high resolution. No photographs taken on cellphones or photographs smaller than 700kb will be accepted.
● Photographers must supply their name and surname, as well as the suburb they live in, with a phone number and 50 to 100 words describing how they came to take the picture they are submitting.
● Photographs received without full details and description, or the correct resolution, will not be considered for publication.
● Photographs must be e-mailed to travel@ inl. co. za and marked “Photo competition”.
SWEET SURPRISE: Sandy Williams took a stroll through the Botanical Gardens in Caledon.