Block loses bid against seizure of as­sets

Weekend Argus (Saturday Edition) - - NEWS -

NORTH­ERN Cape ANC chair­man John Block has been re­fused leave to ap­peal against an or­der to seize his as­sets, the NPA said.

He made the ap­pli­ca­tion af­ter a fi­nal for­fei­ture or­der had been granted in re­spect of his shares in the Tri­fecta group, and its ren­o­va­tions to his guest house in Uping­ton, the Na­tional Pros­e­cut­ing Au­thor­ity (NPA) said.

As­sets worth R5.85 mil­lion were for­feited to the state un­der a fi­nal or­der granted on Septem­ber 13 in terms of the Preven­tion of Or­gan­ised Crime Act, the NPA said yes­ter­day. – Sapa

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from South Africa

© PressReader. All rights reserved.