Thai palace proves picture perfect
CONGRATULATIONS to Alison Palmer of Hout Bay for her picutre of Bang Pa- In Royal Palace in Thailand.
Palmer says they visited the popular tourist attraction, better known as the Summer Palace, on a recent trip to Bangkok.
It is about 60km from Bangkok en route to Ayutthaya, the old capital of Siam.
“The palace was originally used by the Thai kings, but today it is used on ceremonial occasions. The gardens are beautiful and the architecture is an interesting mix of east and west,” she said.
Palmer wins a midweek stay at Montagu Springs.
The runners- up are Gary Wepener of Gardens, for his picture of Boskloof Swemgat in Clanwilliam, and Diane Veit of Hout Bay, for her picture of a field of hyacinths near Keurjenhof.
Wepener said the Boskloof was a fantastic place with quaint cottages near a stream. “I took this picture in the morning capturing the tranquil surroundings.”
Veit visited Holland in spring. She says everyone knows about the country’s tulip fields. “But, not many people know that hyacinths and daffodils are also grown in spring for the bulb market.
“We saw this field of hyacinths near Keurkenhof. The vivid colours were especially beautiful with the surrounding countryside still recovering from winter.” Competition rules: ● All photographs must relate to travel, and you may enter as many times as you like.
● All photographs must be sent as jpeg attachments and not embedded in MS Word documents.
● All photographs must be digital and high resolution. No photographs taken on cellphones or photographs smaller than 700kb will be accepted.
● Photographers must supply their name and surname, as well as the suburb they live in, with a phone number and 50 to 100 words describing how they came to take the picture they are submitting.
● Photographs received without full details and description, or the correct resolution, will not be considered for publication.
● Photographs must be e-mailed to email@example.com and marked “Photo competition”.
ROYAL ALLURE: Alison Palmer visited Thailand’s Bang Pa-In Royal Palace.
TRANQUIL: Boskloof is a fantastic place, says Gary Wepener.
SPECTACULAR: Holland is know for its tulips, but its daffodils and hyacinths are just as spectacular, says Diane Veit.
Editorial enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org;
follow us on Twitter: @travelwk Advertising enquiries: email@example.com
or call 082 455 5994 firstname.lastname@example.org
or call 082 493 0288