Aspiring chefs to showcase talents on TV show
CALLING all young foodies to join in the fun of cooking in front of millions of TV viewers.
The new Yum.Me competition has begun and is looking for 104 young chefs aged between eight and 16.
The teams will be expected to take part in a cook-off which will be filmed on Saturdays at the Okuhle Media studios in Observatory.
There will be 26 episodes, featuring 52 teams of two.
The show will be aired from October 16 on SABC 3 at 10 am on Sundays.
Each pair stands to walk away with a medal, a certificate and vouchers valued at R1 500.
Cheflets will use their talent to turn a secret ingredient into a delicious dish.
According to Alison Evans, producer at Okuhle Media, the “purpose of the series is to create a space that showcases the fact that young people are cooking and baking, and they’re pretty good at it too”. She said that since filming began last month, “cheflets have thoroughly impressed us with their enthusiasm and ease in the kitchen”.
To date, the youngsters have made “flambés and flans, stirfried noodles and silky sauces, and a few chaos-causing cakes”, she said.
The competition is open to all children, but they must be able to make their own transport arrangements to the studios in Observatory.
So if you love to cook or bake, complete the online application form by visiting http://www.okuhle.co.za/ news/yum-me-news-fromokuhle.html