R2 mil­lion Lambo set alight

Weekend Argus (Sunday Edition) - - FRONT PAGE - NABEELAH SHAIKH

A CHARRED Lam­borgh­ini – al­legedly set alight at the upmarket Pearls of uMh­langa res­i­den­tial park­ing north of Dur­ban – is be­lieved to be linked to an on­go­ing feud be­tween two so­cialites over a lo­cal model.

The R2 mil­lion Lam­borgh­ini Gal­lardo be­long­ing to busi­ness­man Priven Reddy of Kagiso In­ter­ac­tive Me­dia, 35, who lives in the block, was a talk­ing point af­ter he shared images of the charred su­per­car on his Face­book page.

He insin­u­ated that his car had been burnt by some­one.

In a so­cial me­dia post, he said: “Thank­fully, though you set my car alight, I don’t have to ask my mom to buy me a new one.”

He said he was pur­su­ing le­gal ac­tion. Aside from a po­lice in­ves­ti­ga­tion, he has ap­pointed a pri­vate in­ves­ti­ga­tor to han­dle the mat­ter.

Reddy said he owned a num­ber of su­per­cars and re­plac­ing the Lam­borgh­ini didn’t mat­ter. He said he was “self-made” and, if there was an in­di­vid­ual re­spon­si­ble for the act, they had en­dan­gered the lives of peo­ple who lived in the build­ing.

Po­lice spokesper­son Cap­tain Nqo­bile Gwala said a case of ma­li­cious dam­age to prop­erty was be­ing in­ves­ti­gated and that no ar­rests had been made.

A pic­ture of the charred Lam­borgh­ini af­ter the fire was ex­tin­guished.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from South Africa

© PressReader. All rights reserved.