Plastic bowls Dry macaroni or penne pasta Food colouring Glue Glitter String
THIS IS HOW YOU DO IT
1. Pour about a cup of water into each plastic bowl. Add 10 drops of food colouring – a different colour in each bowl. Mix.
2. Divide the pasta between the bowls, so that the coloured water covers all the pasta.
3. Let it stand for three minutes. The pasta should not go soggy but has to absorb some of the colour.
4. Spread the pasta on kitchen towel to dry. Make sure the pieces don’t touch, otherwise they’ll stick to each other. Put the pasta in the sun to dry completely.
5. Dab glue onto some of the pieces and roll them in the glitter.
6. Thread the coloured pasta onto the string. Suggest colour patterns, or leave the children to choose their own.