– mime show with acrobats at the cultural centre. Saturday, December 2 at 6pm. The Lion King on Sunday, December 9 at 5pm. Musical 'Broadway' on December 22 at 9.30pm. For this production you can buy tickets on the internet at www.laboratoriodearte.es. The ballet Swan Lake on December 28 at 9.30. Tickets from www.redentradas.com
ALBOX Anglican Church
- Holy Eucharist second and last Thursday of the month at 11am. Evensong second Sunday of each month at 6pm.
Located in Avenida Lepanto, opposite Oliver’s in Albox. Open Monday to Saturday 10am to 2pm. Donations welcome for items for sale, such as jewellery, clothes, and bric-a-brac. In the shop you can also view photos of the dogs the charity has for fostering or adoption. If you are unable to take a dog into your home then you may like to sponsor one.
APSA charity shop
- Albox PSC meetings are at the Cafe Mañana (next door to Albox shop) 10:30, second Friday of each month. For more information, visit the MACS website: www.macscancersupport. or call 607 598 470. Volunteers needed if you can spare any of your time to help this local cancer support charity.
- Get your camera ready (or your mobile) to participate in a photographic competition covering every month of 2017 to appear in the 2018 calendar for Albox. It’s easy to do and you could win up to €1,300. More information and rules (in English as well as Spanish) at https://tinyurl.com/knbksn2. Closing date for entries is December 15.
- Members’ meeting will be the AGM on Thursday, 16th November at 11.00am in La Parrilla Hotel and Restaurant. Tickets are now on sale for Christmas Poppy Dinner Dance, with entertainment by Brendan O’Dee. La Parrilla, Albox, on Friday 15th December at 7pm. For tickets and menu choice please contact Sarah via email on email@example.com or by phone 634372143, or see Sandy at the meetings. Tickets cost 21€ for members or 23€ for nonmembers.
Photo competition Royal British Legion Spanish coffee and conversation
– In association with Albox town council, a free conversation club meets in Bar Oasis ( C/Canonigo Bartolome Marin, 6) every Friday between 17:00 and 19:00 hours to help English and Spanish speakers practice each other’s languages. For more information call councillor Maura Hillen on 669 242 166. A different topic of conversation
See the city’s only Roman remains in the Puerta de Almería, including an ancient salting processing plant, as well as an Arab gate. For details, call 600142982 to book your place. Free entry. Sunday, November 19 at midday. Also, concert by the Benahadux Orchestra at the citadel’s hermitage on Saturday, December 16 and Sunday, December 17 at 12.30pm. To buy a ticket, turn up half an hour before the start of the show.
– Rossini’s Barber of Seville, Auditorio Maestro Padilla, Friday November 10, at 9pm. Performed in the original Italian with Spanish sub-titles by soloists, chorus and orchestra of Opera 2001. Tickets €25 or €30, available online from entradas almericultura or at the municipal box office at Teatro Apolo.
Opera Painting exhibition
– (1954-), Max Slevgot (1868-1932), Markus Tollmann (1963) and Günther Uecker (1930-). At the Museo de Arte in Plaza Carlos Cano until December 3.
– ‘Rastros de Crisis’ (traces of crisis) by local artists Raquel Rodríguez and María Isabel Muñoz. The effects of the economic crisis illustrated with 23 photographs at the Diputación building in Calle Navarro Domingo 17. Phone 950 211100. Runs until November 9.
Photo exhibition ARBOLEAS Gastronomic festival
– Friday and Saturday, November 24-25, with live music and traditional food tasting. Charity FACE will also be holding its Christmas market on Friday, December 1, starting at 6pm.
BEDAR Christmas market
– Friday, December 8, 11am – 4pm in the
– Explore the town’s hidden secrets and historic marvels through a guided tour on Sunday, November 12. Visit monuments, streets and historic buildings that hold a special significance locally. For more details send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
– Works from artist Tomás Ortega at the Teatro Villa. Runs until December 4.
- In aid of Galgos del Sol and Ibizan Hound rescue animal charities. Huge selection of clothes, books and bric-a-brac. Avenida Guillermo Reina. Facebook: CharityTienda ihr/gds.
The Charity Tienda LOS GALLARDOS Garden club
– Meeting is held the second Monday of every month at Miraflores at Los Gallardos Leisure. New members welcome – email Ruth Wood on email@example.com for information.
– Rose Singers, Miraflores, Camping Los Gallardos, Thursday November 9, 7.30pm.
The program of songs will include guest soloist Ellen Turner and an oboe performance by Maddy Frowd. A raffle will be held at both events with proceeds going to the aid of Stepping Stones carers’ support group. (See Mojacar entry for further details)
Concert LUBRIN Stargazing
– with astronomer Andy Devey at the Albar restaurant on Friday, November 24 from 5.30pm to 10pm. Enjoy a high definition ‘tour’ of the moon; view a stellar nursery and a dying star and a lot more for €17.50. For more details or to book a table call 950069077 or 647877091. Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
MOJACAR Anglican Church
- Holy Eucharist every Sunday at 11:00 hours in the St Pascual Church in Agua de Enmedio. Church
- Cancer support charity has its shop and therapy centre on Mojacar playa next to restaurant La Bola. MACS hold a meeting at the artisan centre 10:30 first Wednesday of each month www.macscancersupport.com or contact 607 598 470. Cancer support: 634 656 555. For general inquiries call 634 328 334 from 11:00-16:00 weekdays. Volunteers needed.
MACS Mirador del Castillo gallery
– Collection of permanent exhibitions from Tuesday – Friday 09:00 – 14:00 and weekends 10:00 – 14:00.
– The Mojacar branch meets the first Thursday of every month at the artisan centre in the village at 11:15. For details, contact Christine. Call Christine on 697887362 or Mick on 678101471 for more information. Sunday, November 12 at 10.45 Remembrance Day service at the Anglican church. Lunch at Bellavista at 1pm. Thursday, November 16 at 11.15 Branch AGM at artisan centre and lunch at Osteria. To book a place or a table for any of the events, call Christine on 697 887 362.
Royal British Legion
– Free Spanish classes for foreign residents of Mojacar. Organised by the council. At the multiple use centre Mondays and Thursdays. Lessons for beginners held from 17:30 – 18:30 and intermediate lessons from 18:30 – 19:30.
- To receive a regular newsletter with information on events and activities, submit an email to email@example.com
What's On in Mojacar ROQUETAS DE MAR Royal British Legion
Social meetings are held at The Lodge, Calle Americo Vespucio, on the first Tuesday of each month at 3.00pm. Contact Jenny nearer the date for information and booking. Poppy Appeal luncheon at Restaurante Roma (and Poppy Tombola), opposite Hotel Best Sabinal, in the Urbanisation on November 23. December 5, social meeting. Curry night at the Spice Hut on December 7. All monies raised at these events go towards the 2017 Poppy Appeal. Contact Jenny/ Mike on 950 328 469 for further information.
Tharsis saxophone quartet play in Vera on Saturday, November 18