- Charity shop helping local animal charities. Lovely selection of clothes, jewellery and gifts. Paseo de la Rambla.
is a friendship group raising funds for local charities. For more information, contact membership secretary, Eileen McGill on 652208072, or president Lesley Barlow on 661085551. The group is preparing for its biggest fundraising event of the year with its Christmas market on Saturday, December 9 in the main square (Plaza de la Constitución).
Anyone interested in running a stall, contact Chairman Soo Wallace by email on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 677362713, giving your name and details of what you will be selling. The group is also looking for donations of items suitable for its tombola stall and the main Christmas raffle. All monies raised at this event help towards local charities.
Equine demonstrations and live music, including craft stalls as buffet and bar. Sunday, November 19 at 1.30pm at the Cortijo Rockies. Free entry and
– Dames in Turre Fundraising extravaganza
€10 for buffet lunch and raffle. Tickets available online at cesfhorserescue.com or selected outlets (see poster).
– The Evangelical Church welcomes all worshippers. Located at the end of the Avenida de Almería, next to the Nuñez furniture store. Services every Sunday at 10:30 am. Tea, coffee and fellowship after every service. Transport can be arranged. Call 950617549 or www.turrechurch.com.
Turre Church VERA PAWS Shop
– The animal charity has a shop in Las Buganvillas, selling clothes, books, gifts and bric-a-brac.
- The Lions are your local support group, helping both groups and individuals when there is a need. For information call president Sandie Tinkham on 950 439 324, or secretary Pam Mattioli on 610 309 032. The Lions meet on the first Wednesday of the month at El Gnomo Feliz at 6pm. All welcome.
– Cinderella (La Cenicienta) performed by the Compañía Murciana de Danza. Spanish classical ballet production using folk tunes from the north and south of Spain with flamenco rhythms, along with
Vera Lions’ Club Ballet
music by well known Spanish composers such as Isaac Albéniz. https://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=gd6ivaCPhic
Saturday, November 11 at 20.00 in the Auditorio Ciudad de Vera. Tickets €15 online at www.giglon.com or from Vera box office in the Convento, or on the door.
– Tharsis saxophone quartet present their concert ‘Ka Tharsis’ on Saturday November 18 at 21.00 in the Auditorio Ciudad de Vera. Four young European musicians make up this saxophone quartet playing music by Glasunow and Bach among others. https://www.youtube. Tickets €5 in advance and €7 on the door. Available on line at www.giglon.com, from Vera box office in the Convento or on the door.
presented by the Almanzora Charitable Theatre. A thriller by Francis Durbridge, directed by Martin O’Connell. November 9 and 10, 7.30pm and November 12, 3pm in Zurgena Theatre. Tickets €7.50. Also showing at Maloans Bar Albox on November 3, 7.30pm.
Play – ZURGENA ‘House Guest’,
Enjoy songs from The Beatles and The Juliet Letters later this month
Spanish classical dance version of Cinderella in Vera this Saturday
Fundraising event in Turre