Swim­ming pool poi­son­ing

Costa Blanca News (North Edition) - - NEWS -

Twelve kids and an adult started vom­it­ing and com­plain­ing of sore eyes af­ter swim­ming in the in­door pool at Oliva sports cen­tre due to a chlorine leak – and at least two had to be taken by am­bu­lance to Gandía.

The leak the night be­fore had caused a toxic cloud to build up in the en­closed pool area, caus­ing skin ir­ri­ta­tion, breath­ing prob­lems, stom­ach up­sets and red, stream­ing eyes. Two of the chil­dren were vom­it­ing so vi­o­lently and strug­gling so much to breathe that they were rushed to Gan­dia hos­pi­tal.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Spain

© PressReader. All rights reserved.