Girl able to speak after electric shock accident
A six-year-old girl who received an electric shock at a Taipei department store has woken from cardiac arrest and is able to speak, her father said yesterday.
The girl went into cardiac arrest on May 30 after touching an exposed electrical wire under a display cabinet at Shin Kong Mitsu- koshi ( ).
The shock caused organ damage and spinal injuries that doctors said could result in paralysis, according to the girl’s father, surnamed Chou ( ).
Chou told local media yesterday the girl is “slowly coming back.” She is now able to speak and reported that her jaw and eyes hurt, he said.
Chou said he told his daughter that all her classmates are cheering her on to a smooth recovery.
On May 30, the girl and her eightyear-old brother were playing near a raised display case for watches at the Shin Kong Mitsukoshi on Nanjing West Road ( ).
According to initial media reports, the girl came into contact with a piece of unsheathed electrical wire that ran under the display cabinet.