Thailand-based firm to seek TWSE primary listing
Apex International Co. ( ), a Thailand-based electronics maker has filed an application with the Taiwan Stock Exchange to seek a primary listing on the main board, according to the exchange.
Apex is the fifth foreign-incorporated enterprise to seek a listing on the TWSE so far this year, the exchange said.
Apex, which was incorporated in the Cayman Islands in October 2009, and currently runs a broader production base in Thailand, has been a listed company on the local over-thecounter market since October 2011.
Although Apex is an overseasincorporated company, chairman Wang Shu-mu ( ) and chief executive officer Chou Jui-hsiang ( ) are Taiwanese nationals.
The electronics company specializes in the design and manufacture of double-sided and multi-layer printed circuit boards (PCBs) used in a wide range of consumer electronics gadgets, such as LCD TVs, set-top boxes, printers, satellite communications devices and multimedia used in automobiles.
About 40 percent of Apex's PCBs were sold in the Thai market, while the remaining 60 percent were shipped to other markets, including China, Hong Kong, South Korea, Brazil and South Africa. Apex said that sales to China and Hong Kong alone grew 30 percent in 2014.