In­done­sian care­giver in crit­i­cal con­di­tion fol­low­ing house fire

The China Post - - LOCAL -

A five-story house in Changhua, ( ) in which a fam­ily of six and an In­done­sian care­giver lives, broke into flames in Sun­day morn­ing, ac­cord­ing to lo­cal media re­ports.

The fire alarm went off at 2:20 a.m. while the Huang ( ) fam­ily was asleep due to an elec­tri­cal short cir­cuit caus­ing flames to break out. When the fire went off, the owner and his two sons es­caped, though the grand­mother, 82, who lived on the sec­ond floor, her In­done­sian care­giver and the wife and another son, were trapped in the house.

Fire­fight­ers man­aged to res­cue the four from the blaze and sent them to Changhua Chris­tian Hos­pi­tal ( ) and Show Ch­wan Me­mo­rial Hos­pi­tal ( ).

Ac­cord­ing to the news re­port, the grand­mother has an in­hala­tional in­jury but is now in sta­ble con­di­tion, but the care­giver, wife and the son are cur­rently in In­ten­sive Care Units in crit­i­cal con­di­tion; they suf­fered smoke in­hala­tion in­juries and have al­ready un­der­gone en­do­tra­cheal in­tu­ba­tion.

The cause of the fire will be iden­ti­fied af­ter an in­ves­ti­ga­tion by Changhua County Fire Depart­ment.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from Taiwan

© PressReader. All rights reserved.