BOY WAKES UP AFTER ELECTROCUTION
CHILD LABOR: A 13-year-old boy has regained consciousness five months after he was electrocuted while working at a car wash service in Nakhon Ratchasima’s Muang district.
The case was brought to light after his mother, Kwanjai Khamtangna, sought help from the Pavena Foundation for Children and Women, saying the car wash’s owner did not take responsibility for the incident, which left her son, Chaiwat Sua-soongnern, unconscious for months.
Ms Kwanjai told reporters yesterday that the health condition of her son appears to have improved as he can open his eyes, though he still cannot move his body. She said her son worked for the car wash during a school break and earned 200 baht a day.