ISIS claim responsibility for Jordan attack
ISIS has claimed responsibility for last week’s deadly suicide attack on a Jordanian army post on the Syrian border, posting a video online which it said shows the car bomb blast. The video, which was posted on the Facebook page of the IS news agency Amaq, shows a vehicle kicking up dust as it speeds across flat desert toward what appears to be the Jordanian base. An orange ball of fire rises in the air, followed by a cloud of thick black smoke and the sound of an explosion. The video was released after Amaq published a statement by an unidentified “source” that the attack “was carried out by one of the fighters of ISIS”. It said the target was an “American-Jordanian base” in a border area known as Ruqban. The blast on June 21 killed seven members of the Jordanian security forces and wounded 13. Jordan has vowed to respond harshly. After the attack, it sealed the border area, cutting off tens of thousands of Syrian refugees from international aid delivery. Aid officials have said no food and little water have reached the area since last week.