Eid warning over the use of fireworks
A six-year-old girl suffered severe burns on various parts of her body while playing with fireworks and matches. The Pakistani girl was with her family visiting relatives in Al Ain when she took the matches and fireworks and lit them in the bathroom. The incident, which happened last year, was used as example as the Ministry of Interior vowed to crack down on illegal fireworks, especially with Eid around the corner. Authorities said that the girl’s mother rushed to the bathroom after hearing her screaming to find that the child was on fire. The mother managed to put out the blaze and later phoned her husband. The girl was taken to hospital. Anyone caught in possession of illegal fireworks risks a six-month jail spell and Dhs10,000.
FEARS: Having fireworks could be costly