The trend: Models were gilded with glowing, sun-kissed skin and accents of gold on cheeks, eyes, and even lashes and brows.
Seen at: At JasonWu and Michael Van Der Ham shows the models’ eyes sparkled with a shimmery, golden smoky eye, while the rest of the face was kept fresh and natural. Meanwhile at Etro, make-up artist Charlotte Tilbury fashioned a bronzed, sun-kissed look. “Veronica Etro wanted the girls to look ‘surfery’, a gorgeous golden glow with lush healthy lips,” explains Charlotte. And at Dolce & Gabbana, make-up guru Pat McGrath created a dreamy, summery face. “We have a very glowing, beautiful look that’s still a nod to Sophia Loren, but this time she’s in the sun,” says Pat.
1. Lightly apply foundation all over and blend carefully.
2. Smooth a bronzer in a number-3 shape from the temples, via the cheekbone to the jawline.
3. Dust on a blush, preferably with bronze tones, to the apples of the cheek for a rosy but sun-kissed glow.
4. Dab on a lip balm to achieve the lush-pouted runway look.
5. Apply a gold shadow all across the lid, blend in a shimmer-effect liner to enhance, plus a slick of black liner on the upper lid, and finish with lashings of mascara.
Marc Jacobs Style Eye-Con No 3: The Glam 108, Dh190, Sephora Sephora 10HRWear Perfection Foundation in Medium Walnut, Dh89 Laura Mercier Baked Blush Bronzer in Ritual, Dh152, Harvey Nichols Guerlain Terracotta Bronzing Powder, Dh245, Paris Gallery EOS lip balm, Dh50, Snob Salon & Boutique
BEAUTY Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse OR, Dh144, Bin Sina Pharmacy Sephora contour pencil yeux 12H waterproof in Gold Shimmer, Dh52