sharma’s favourite plate
▶ How to make rajma, a popular vegetarian curry
1½ tsp ghee or oil ½ tsp gingergarlic paste ¾ cup onions (chopped) ¾ cup tomato (chopped) ½ cup dried kidney beans 1½ cups water ½ tsp red chili powder Tumeric to taste 1 tsp coriander ¼ tsp cumin ½ tsp garam masala 1 green chili Coriander leaves
1. Soak kidney beans overnight.
2. Rinse, put into a pot, and cover with water. Bring to boil and simmer covered for 90 minutes. Check after 90 minutes: If soft, put aside. If firm, continue cooking.
3. In another pan over medium heat, sauté cumin, gingergarlic paste and onion with oil/ghee.
4. Add tomatoes, stir while they cook until they begin to boil. Stir in remaining spices.
5. Add cooked kidney beans, stir and sprinkle with coriander leaves. Serve over rice.