2 eggs 200g fresh asparagus
1 small cucumber, roughly grated
250ml Greek yoghurt
2 cloves garlic, chopped
Juice of 1 lemon 30ml mint, chopped
125g turkey bacon, chopped
6 slices of day-old sourdough, cubed
2 handfuls young rocket, watercress and other soft leaves
1 grilled chicken, flaked from the bone
1) Bring the eggs to the boil in a small saucepan of water and cook for three to four minutes. Immerse them in cold water, then shell once cooled.
2) Steam the asparagus for a minute or two until just cooked. Allow to cool.
3) Mix the cucumber with the yoghurt, lemon juice, garlic and mint, then season with salt and black pepper.
4) Heat the bacon in a small frying pan and fry until crispy and golden brown. Drain on kitchen paper, retaining the rendered fat. Add the bread to the fat and fry until golden brown.
5) Place the lettuce on a pretty platter and sprinkle the bacon and bread over. Dish the flaked chicken and asparagus onto the salad and drizzle the dressing over. Quarter the eggs carefully and add to the salad. Finally, season with salt and black pepper and serve.