Evans to re­turn af­ter one-year dop­ing ban

The National - News - - SPORT -

Bri­ton Dan Evans is set to re­turn from a one-year dop­ing ban as a wild­card en­trant at this month’s ATP Chal­lenger Tour event in Glas­gow, the Lawn Ten­nis As­so­ci­a­tion said yes­ter­day. Evans, 27, who tested pos­i­tive for co­caine dur­ing the Barcelona Open last year, is el­i­gi­ble to re­turn for the tour­na­ment start­ing April 28. “I want to thank every­one who has sup­ported me through­out this dif­fi­cult pe­riod,” Evans, the for­mer world No 41, said in a state­ment. “I have learned a lot about my­self in my time away from the game, a sport that I love very dearly. I am now com­mit­ted to train­ing hard, re­sum­ing my ca­reer and get­ting back to where I was, al­though ap­pre­ci­ate this will take time.”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UAE

© PressReader. All rights reserved.