Aldershot News & Mail : 2020-07-29

3 : 3 : 3

3

3 surreylive.news NEWS & MAIL WEDNESDAY, JULY 29, 2020 News A McLaren F1 car and the 720S parked at the new Gulf service station in Aldershot High Street CALLUM TAYLOR McLaren’s odd pit stop fuels speculatio­n saged me too,” said Mr Taylor. “I was about 25 minutes away by foot so I had to almost jog to catch them before they left. Once I arrived Lando had gone but the F1 car and the McLaren 720S were still present.” photograph­s of the event after his friend, Tim Snook, messaged him. “My friend saw on Facebook that Lando Norris and McLaren were at a local petrol station so he rushed down there and mes- McLaren, which is based in nearby Woking, previously had a deal with Petrobas, but that expired at the end of last year. F1 fan Callum Taylor, who lives in Aldershot, was able to take for what looked to be the filming of a promotiona­l video. McLaren has not confirmed the reason behind the promotiona­l stunt but many are speculatin­g that the team will announce a reunion with Gulf as a sponsor. A MCLAREN F1 racing car was spotted parked up at an Aldershot garage last week. Driver Lando Norris and the McLaren Racing boss Zak Brown were also at the Gulf service station in Aldershot High Street Smoke in street believed to have been ‘electrical issue’ CREWS from Surrey Fire and Rescue Service (SFRS) were called to Farnham last Wednesday after shoppers spotted smoke seeping out from the pavement. The firefighte­rs arrived in West Street just after 5pm, responding to reports of smoke outside the Accessoriz­e store. The cause was thought to be an electrical issue and the crews were present to assess the situation, a spokesman for SFRS said. One passerby posted pictures on Twitter and reported seeing a “smoke bomb” in the street. The spokesman for SFRS said: “We were called to reports of fumes coming out from the pavement. The smoke was related to an electrical installati­on issue under the path. The electrical and gas boards were contacted and this was left in the hands of the electrical authority.” They added that two appliances attended the incident. Fire crews were called to West Street in Farnham after shoppers spotted smoke coming out from the pavement @TROUTPOUTT/TWITTER PRINTED AND DISTRIBUTE­D BY PRESSREADE­R PressReade­r.com +1 604 278 4604 . ORIGINAL COPY . ORIGINAL COPY . ORIGINAL COPY . ORIGINAL COPY . ORIGINAL COPY ORIGINAL COPY COPYRIGHT AND PROTECTED BY APPLICABLE LAW

© PressReader. All rights reserved.