WHAT IS THE BAGS OF HELP SCHEME?
• The scheme is run by Groundwork UK on behalf of Tesco Plc to fund environmental and green space-based projects.
• The initiative is supported by money from the 5p charge levied on single-use carrier bags.
• 1,251 organisations from Tesco’s 416 regions up and down the UK will receive a share of the Bags of Help fund.
• More than 2,800 groups up and down the country applied for grants from the scheme. These were whittled down to three in each of Tesco’s regions by Tesco colleagues.
• For more information please visit: www.tesco.com/bagsofhelp