Val­ley hit the heights after Justin’s tre­ble

Bangor Mail - - SPORT -

JUSTIN WIL­LIAMS was a hat-trick hero as Val­ley went three points clear at the Kon-X An­gle­sey League sum­mit with a 5-3 vic­tory over Caer­gybi.

Due to Caer­gybi’s home ground at Mill­bank hav­ing failed an early morn­ing pitch in­spec­tion, the game was switched to Parc Mwd.

Val­ley were with­out the sus­pended Jordie Lees and Ryan Hall, as well as cen­tre-back Ash­ley Hughes, but wel­comed back Mark Ham­blin after a lengthy in­jury.

After an even open­ing, the league lead­ers went ahead after good build-up let Nik Kon­to­di­ous play in Kon­ner Druce. He made a great pass to Mike Wil­liams, who un­selfishly set up Justin Wil­liams to find the net. It was Wil­liams again who struck not long after to make it 2-0.

Caer­gybi re­fused to let their heads drop and a long ball was pounced on by ex-Val­ley striker Gary Jo Owen, who chipped Jamie Owen to halve the deficit with his 27th goal of the cam­paign.

Dif­fi­cult sec­ond-half con­di­tions saw the pitch be­come dug up and very slip­pery, which made it hard to con­trol the ball.

It was 3-1 when Danny Roberts rose to col­lect a rare headed goal, and min­utes later he scored his sec­ond.

Things got worse for Caer­gybi when Scott Pet­tersen was red-carded for foul play against Justin Wil­liams.

At 4-1 up and play­ing against 10 men, Val­ley would have imag­ined the job was done.

With 20 min­utes re­main­ing, man­ager Barry Row­lands de­cided to re­place Mike Wil­liams, who picked up an an­kle knock in the first half, as a pre­cau­tion, and sent on Marc Wil­son in the hope of pos­si­bly pro­vid­ing more goals and see­ing off the game.

This was not the case, as Val­ley de­fender Sam Mor­ris was pe­nalised for an al­leged push in the box and Caer­gybi cap­tain Dewi Thomas scored from the spot. Val­ley had a penalty shout turned down be­fore they even­tu­ally won one, Justin Wil­liams send­ing keeper Kieran Weeks the wrong way to com­plete an­other hat-trick.

Caer­gybi were down to nine men when Glenn North re­ceived a sec­ond yel­low for dis­sent. How­ever, the fi­nal goal of the game was scored by the los­ing team, with Kurt Har­ris on the mark.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.