Morgan Sindall to build uni business school extension
CONSTRUCTION group Morgan Sindall has been appointed to build an £18million extension to the University of Birmingham’s business school.
Morgan Sindall is already working in partnership with the university on its £40million Collaborative Teaching Laboratory which is due to be handed over in July.
This latest commission will involve the construction of a four-storey, 34,000 sq ft building, connected to the Grade II-listed University House in Edgbaston Park Road.
The new wing of the business school will provide additional grade A office facilities and enable its team of more than 100 staff mem- bers to school is buildings.
Built in 1908, University House was originally a student hall of residence designed in the Queen Anne style.
In 1913, the Beale wing was added and has been further extended over the years, most recently in 2002 co-locate. Currently, the split across five separate when it was converted to the business school.
The University House expansion is part of The University of Birmingham’s investment of more than £600million to transform its campus with a series of projects including a new sports centre with 50-metre swimming pool, library and halls of residence.
> An artist’s impression of plans to expand University House, in Edgbaston Park Road, on the University of Birmingham’s campus