Home light fit­ting caused se­ri­ous fire

Buckinghamshire Advertiser - - NEWS -

A HOME was se­ri­ously dam­aged in a fire at Ger­rards Cross over the week­end.

The fire broke out in a first-floor bath­room light fit­ting, rapidly spread­ing to the roof in Uplands Close at about 5am on Satur­day.

Four fire en­gines from Bea­cons­field, Ger­rards Cross, High Wy­combe and Slough were called to the blaze.

Fire­fight­ers used a main jet, a hose reel, a turntable lad­der, two sets of breath­ing ap­pa­ra­tus and a ther­mal imag­ing cam­era to ex­tin­guish the flames, which were threat­en­ing to en­gulf the build­ing.

The roof was 50 per cent dam­aged by fire and 100 per cent dam­aged by heat, smoke and wa­ter, while the first floor was 20 per cent dam­aged by fire and 70 per cent dam­aged by heat, smoke and wa­ter. A MAN was taken to hos­pi­tal af­ter he was hit by a train.

Bri­tish Trans­port Po­lice were called to Ger­rards Cross sta­tion at 1.36pm on Mon­day af­ter­noon.

Thames Val­ley Po­lice and the South Cen­tral Am­bu­lance Ser­vice were also there and the man was taken to hos­pi­tal for as­sess­ment.

Trains in and out of Lon­don Maryle­bone via High Wy­combe were tem­po­rar­ily can­celled.

The in­ci­dent is not be­ing treated as sus­pi­cious.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.