Court told vic­tim’s for­mer girl­friend or­dered killing

Buckinghamshire Advertiser - - FRONT PAGE - by Jack Abell jack.abell@trin­i­tymir­ Twit­ter: @Jack­_84_A­bell

A BEA­CONS­FIELD woman ar­ranged for an ex-boyfriend to be mur­dered in a grave­yard in High Wy­combe, a jury has been told.

Read­ing Crown Court heard on Tues­day that Lee Gille­spie was stabbed 15 times in the bru­tal at­tack, car­ried out by Martin Stanis­laus, an­other for­mer part­ner of Jodie Wil­lis.

The jury was told that Jodie Wil­lis, of the Mead, Bea­cons­field, or­dered the grave­yard killing, which took place on Au­gust 22 last year at All Saints Church in High Wy­combe, over the ‘bit­ter­ness and re­sent­ment’ she felt over a ‘part­ner swap’.

Mr Gille­spie was knifed up to 15 times when he tripped and fell when try­ing to run away from three peo­ple who had come to con­front him.

Stanis­laus and Wil­lis were led to the church­yard by Lee Burns, who at the time of the at­tack was liv­ing with Wil­lis.

Burns and Wil­lis had been in­volved in an ar­gu­ment in the same church­yard with Mr Gille­spie and his new part­ner, Lea Sin­clair, ear­lier in the day.

That led to Wil­lis con­tact­ing Stanis­laus and order­ing him to at­tack Mr Gille­spie in re­tal­i­a­tion, ac­cord­ing to prosecuters.

Prose­cuter Alan Blake told the jury at Read­ing Crown Court that the de­fen­dants had gone to the home Mr Gille­spie shared with Miss Sin­clair and then wrecked it when they dis­cov­ered the cou­ple weren’t home.

They in­stead went to the church­yard, where they found Mr Gille­spie and stabbed him to death, the court was told.

Pros­es­cuters said that al­though 38-yearold Stanis­laus de­liv­ered the fa­tal blows – which, the court heard, were ‘ de­liv­ered with great force’ – Wil­lis and Burns were sec­ondary par­ties as they helped or­gan­ise the vi­o­lence.

Stanis­laus, Burns and Wil­lis all deny mur­der and Stanis­laus ad­di­tion­ally de­nies a charge of pos­sess­ing a blade in a pub­lic place.

The court heard that Wil­lis felt bit­ter to­wards Miss Sin­clair, af­ter a ‘part­ner swap’ in which Miss Sin­clair had be­gun a re­la­tion­ship with Mr Gille­spie, while Wil­lis had taken up with Miss Sin­clair’s for­mer part­ner Nick Baker.

Mr Blake told the jury: “While it was Stanis­laus who stabbed Lee Gille­spie, Jodie Wil­lis and Lee Burns are in­dicted as sec­ondary part­ners to that mur­der. In other words, they share re­spon­si­bil­ity for the at­tack.”

Af­ter the killing Stanis­laus and Burns got the next train out of Wy­combe and went back to Wil­lis’s home in Bea­cons­field, where the killer re­moved his cloth­ing and buried it in the gar­den along­side the knife, Mr Blake told the jury.

Mr Blake told the jury: “As the blows rained down on Lee Gille­spie, some wit­nesses sug­gest Wil­lis sought to get Stanis­laus to stop.

“She may very quickly have come to re­gret what they had done, and the vi­o­lence she had set in mo­tion, but by then it was too late.

“The sub­se­quent re­gret is no de­fence to a charge of mur­der.”

The trial con­tin­ues in front of Judge John Red­di­hough.

Vic­tim: Lee Gille­spie was stabbed 15 times dur­ing the at­tack

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.