Buckinghamshire Advertiser - - FRONT PAGE -

THREE peo­ple have been sen­tenced to a to­tal of 56 years in jail for the mur­der and man­slaugh­ter of a 26-year-old man in a Bucks grave­yard.

The three were found guilty at Read­ing Crown Court on Wed­nes­day March 16 of killing Lee Gille­spie in High Wy­combe.

Martin Stanis­laus, 38, of Delta Grove, Northolt, Eal­ing, was sen­tenced on Thurs­day March 17 to 26 years im­pris­on­ment for one count of mur­der, three years im­pris­on­ment for pos­ses­sion of a knife blade sharp pointed ar­ti­cle in a pub­lic place and three years im­pris­on­ment for per­vert­ing the course of jus­tice.

The sen­tences are to be served con­cur­rently.

Jodie Wil­lis, 36, of The Mead, Bea­cons­field, was sen­tenced to 20 years’ im­pris­on­ment for one count of mur­der and two years’ im­pris­on­ment for per­vert­ing the course of jus­tice, to be served con­cur­rently.

Leigh Burns, 38, of Will­cott Road, Eal­ing, was sen­tenced to ten years’ im­pris­on­ment for man­slaugh­ter.

On Au­gust 22 last year po­lice were called to All Saints Church in Church Square, High Wy­combe, at ap­prox­i­mately 8.50pm, to re­ports of a man hav­ing been stabbed.

The am­bu­lance ser­vice also at­tended and the vic­tim, 26-year-old Lee Gille­spie from High Wy­combe, was de­clared de­ceased at the scene.

A post-mortem ex­am­i­na­tion con­cluded that the cause of death was mul­ti­ple stab wounds. All three were ar­rested on Au­gust 23. Wil­lis and Stanis­laus were charged on Au­gust 25 and Burns was charged on Au­gust 26.

Se­nior in­ves­ti­gat­ing of­fi­cer, Det Chief Insp Ailsa Kent from the Thames Val­ley Po­lice Ma­jor Crime Unit, said: “Lee Gille­spie was killed in a bru­tal at­tack by three peo­ple while he was in a busy town cen­tre on a Satur­day night.

“We will never be able to fully un­der­stand what mo­ti­vated Stanis­laus, Burns and Wil­lis to com­mit such a dread­ful act, but it is clear that the for­mer re­la­tion­ship be­tween Wil­lis and Gille­spie had some bear­ing on the events of that night.

“Wil­lis and her for­mer part­ner, Stanis­laus, trav­elled to Wy­combe on that Satur­day evening and were led to Lee Gille­spie by Burns.

“The three of them chased Lee Gille­spie down to a church­yard and Wil­lis and Burns not only stood by and watched, but en­cour­aged Stanis­laus to in­flict the fa­tal vi­o­lence on Lee Gille­spie.

“Back at Wil­lis’ home, Stanis­laus re­moved his blood­ied cloth­ing and bagged it up with the knife hid­ing them in the gar­den where the items were later found by po­lice.

“Wil­lis also changed her cloth­ing af­ter the at­tack, and dis­carded her dis­tinc­tive flow­ing green dress in some un­der­growth near the place where she spent the night in High Wy­combe.

“There is noth­ing that can bring Lee back, but I hope that the sen­tences handed to Stanis­laus, Wil­lis and Burns to­day will help Lee’s loved ones as they come to terms with their loss.

“I would like to thank Lee’s fam­ily for their courage and sup­port through­out the in­ves­ti­ga­tion.

“I would also thank the of­fi­cers and CPS who worked on the case, the wit­nesses for giv­ing ev­i­dence and the jury for their care­ful con­sid­er­a­tion of the facts.”

lee Gille­spie


Jodie Wil­lis

Guilty of mur­der:

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.