DON’T TRY THIS AT HOME...

Buckinghamshire Advertiser - - SCHOOLS NEWS -

PUPILS en­joyed tak­ing part in a range of ex­per­i­ments dur­ing a school’s Sci­ence Week.

Che­sham Gram­mar School, in White Hill, Che­sham, re­cently held a Sci­ence Week. There were lots ac­tiv­i­ties tak­ing place at break times, which in­cluded talks and ex­per­i­ments. One of the ex­per­i­ments was to ig­nite a bub­ble of meth­ane gas.

Af­ter the bub­ble was made it was held in wet hands and ig­nited. The flame lasts a mil­lisec­ond and the wet hands keep the heat away from the skin. Nora Maw, from the school, said: “The sci­ence staff were at great pains to stress that this should not be at­tempted at home!”

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.