DO NOT TAKE THESE TABLETS SAY COPS
POLICE WARNING AFTER BOY, 16, DIES OF DRUG OVERDOSE AT HALLOWEEN PARTY
A TEENAGE boy has died in a suspected drug overdose at a Halloween party.
North Wales Police believe Morgan Phillip Miller-Smith, 16, may have taken ecstasy-type tablets described as pink, square with the Rolls Royce RR symbol on one side and 200mg on the other.
Anyone who took these tablets at the HP Fest in Gwytherin, Abergele, on Saturday night and is showing any ill effects should attend hospital as a matter of urgency, say police.
Officers are also warning anyone in possession of the tablets must not take them.
Supt Gareth Evans said: “This is a truly tragic incident in which a young boy has lost his life. Our thoughts are with his family and friends at this terribly difficult time and specially trained officers are supporting them.”
Police were notified by ambulance staff at 1.11am yesterday that Morgan was taken ill after attending the annual party. He was taken to Ysbyty Glan Clwyd, Bodelwyddan, where he died a short time later.
Festival organisers said they are working with North Wales Police.
Morgan, from Conwy, has been described as a “sweet, funny, caring” boy. Tributes to him have been posted on the Facebook page of L’s Coffee and Bookshop, Conwy, where he worked with members of his family.
A collection has been set up for his family and the business will be donating all its coffee shop takings from yesterday and today to the appeal.
Donations and messages for the family will be accepted in the shop and a JustGiving page has been set up.
The shop’s Facebook page pays tribute to “one of the most sweet, funny, caring young men I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. Our little ‘Morgy Moo’ Morgan Miller-Smith.
“The whole Miller-Smith family work for us here at L’s and we pride ourselves as being one big family, so you can imagine this has hit us all so very hard. We are all completely heartbroken.
“Love and hugs Morgy forever in our hearts.”
Ysgol Aberconwy headteacher Ian Gerrard said: “Morgan was a popular student and had many friends who are devastated by this sad news.”
A second teenager who took drugs at the HP Fest became ill.
North Wales Police said the boy, also 16, did not require hospital treatment and has fully recovered.
The pink ecstasy “Rolls Royce” drug linked to the death of Morgan can kill at lower doses than MDMA.
According to drug information website, Talk to Frank, such drugs contain PMA, similar to MDMA – the chemical in ecstasy – but more poisonous. The effects of PMA also take longer than MDMA, so some users have overdosed by mistakenly taking pill after pill thinking nothing is happening.
● Morgan Miller-Smith is thought to have taken ecstasy-type tablets like that pictured left