Spate of house fires at­tended in one day

Caernarfon Herald - - NEWS -

NORTH Wales Fire and Res­cue Ser­vice was called to four sep­a­rate house fires in North Wales in one day.

Shortly after 2pm on Satur­day, crews from Blae­nau Ffestiniog were called to a blaze at a house in Bro Prysor, Trawsfynydd fol­low­ing an elec­tri­cal fault with a wash­ing ma­chine.

No­body was in­jured as a re­sult of the fire which had been put out be­fore crews ar­rived. The kitchen ap­pli­ance did suf­fer slight fire dam­age.

Two hours later, two fire en­gines from Pwll­heli and Caernar­fon were called to tackle a fire at a house in Mynytho, Pwll­heli, after heat from an AGA cooker set fire to a kitchen cup­board. The house was com­pletely smoke dam­age as a re­sult.

Shortly be­fore 4.45pm, crews from Abergele were then called to put out a fire at a house in Lon Garnedd, Abergele.

A spokesman said the fire started after cook­ing was left unat­tended in a mi­crowave.

Then at 5.23pm, fire­fight­ers from Ruthin and Den­bigh were called to a fire on Park Street in Den­bigh after a wash­ing ma­chine and a tum­ble dryer went up in flames in an out­build­ing. Both ap­pli­ances were com­pletely de­stroyed.

No­body was se­ri­ously hurt in any of the in­ci­dents.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.