Off the but­ton

Canal Boat - - Technical - TONY REPLIES… GRENCHILD,

QI have a Morse en­gine con­trol on my boat with a black push-but­ton in the spin­dle cen­tre for neu­tral. Some kind per­son has stolen it and I am try­ing to source a re­place­ment. Do you know where to ob­tain such a but­ton?

via email

AFar too many people re­fer to all sin­gle lever con­trols as a Morse con­trol. Tele­flex make a very com­mon con­trol with a cen­tre push but­ton and some French made con­trols are sim­i­lar. bain­bridge­ma­ list them­selves as stock­ists for Tele­flex spares.

You may well have to gain ac­cess to the in­side parts of the con­trol, pos­si­bly by tak­ing the whole con­trol out, and look for la­bels that iden­tify the make and model of your con­trol. Also try Googling “sin­gle lever con­trol” and se­lect­ing ‘im­ages’. Then pick a photo that looks like your con­trol, and go to the as­so­ci­ated web­site to see if it has more in­for­ma­tion.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.