Canal Boat - - The Cruise Guide -

Most vis­it­ing boats reach the Ouse at Selby from the trans-Pen­nine canals or hav­ing nav­i­gated the ti­dal Trent to Keadby. How­ever, craft over about 60ft can only get there via Trent Falls, where the Ouse, Trent and Hum­ber meet. This pas­sage needs ex­pe­ri­ence, knowl­edge of the wa­ters, and a suit­able, re­li­able and ap­pro­pri­ately-equipped craft. The Ouse and Ure are li­able to flood after heavy rain: if in doubt, find a safe place to moor and wait for lev­els to fall.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.