Your hol­i­day: La­p­land

Uniquely mag­i­cal and un­for­get­table

Chat - - Contents -

1 Stay in the Ice­ho­tel Built en­tirely from ice and ‘snice’ (a mix­ture of snow and ice!), the Ice­ho­tel is re­built every win­ter. This year’s Wan­der­ing Cloud room even has an ice cloud hang­ing over the bed! 2 Ex­pe­ri­ence Sami cul­ture and meet Fa­ther Christ­mas Join the Sami peo­ple – no­mads in­dige­nous to La­p­land – for an un­for­get­table, tra­di­tional meal around an open fire. If you visit to­wards Christ­mas, you can also meet Fa­ther Christ­mas and his rein­deer! The muchloved an­i­mals are at the very cen­tre of Sami cul­ture. 3 Try lo­cal foods Tra­di­tional fika – a cof­fee and a snack (usu­ally a tasty cin­na­mon bun) – is a great way to re­fuel. Swedish folk also love to eat cheese dipped in cof­fee! Try it and see what you think… 4 Sleep un­der the stars Nes­tled up high among the pines, Tree­ho­tel’s new 7th Room is a two-bed suite with breath­tak­ing, open-air stargaz­ing ter­races. 5 See the North­ern Lights On a cloud-free day, visit Abisko Na­tional Park to marvel at the North­ern Lights. The Aurora Sky Sta­tion of­fers a lux­ury four-course meal with in­cred­i­ble views.

6 Take the plunge In­dulge in an au­then­tic Swedish sauna, then an eye-wa­ter­ing ‘ice’ bath. Brings a whole new mean­ing to ‘chill­ing out’!

See the amaz­ing North­ern Lights

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.