Sleaze­ball took se­cret sex snaps

I didn’t even know he’d taken the vile pics By Kelly Mcgurk, 29, from Ersk­ine, Ren­frew­shire

Chat - - Front Page -

Tap­ping away at my key­board, I felt two hands start rub­bing my shoul­ders from be­hind.

I jumped and turned around to see Jamie Leitch – my col­league at the call cen­tre.

‘What are you do­ing?’ I asked in sur­prise.

‘Please, have my num­ber,’ he said, giv­ing me a cheeky smile. I had to laugh. For weeks, our work­mates had been try­ing to get us to­gether but I hadn’t been in­ter­ested.

Tall with dark-blond hair and tat­toos, Jamie had a rep­u­ta­tion as a ladies man – whereas I was a hard-work­ing sin­gle mum.

I didn’t think we’d have much in com­mon.

But, now he’d ac­tu­ally asked me him­self, I gave him the chance to have his say – and, be­hind the blokey ex­te­rior, he seemed sweet, funny.

‘OK, I give in,’ I said smil­ing,

tak­ing his phone num­ber.

We started tex­ting and flirt­ing and, af­ter our work’s Christ­mas do, two months on –af­ter hav­ing a few too many! – we ended up sleep­ing to­gether.

In the morn­ing, I was mor­ti­fied. I’d never had a one-night-stand be­fore. What have I done? I thought, cring­ing.

Surely I wouldn’t see a charmer like Jamie for dust?

He wanted to keep see­ing me, though. Be­gan tex­ting con­stantly with sweet mes­sages. I’m re­ally fall­ing for you...

Things moved fast af­ter that. Within a month, we were madly in love.

And my daugh­ter re­ally liked him. So, when Jamie popped the ques­tion just three months later...

‘Yes!’ I beamed.

We moved in to­gether, threw a big en­gage­ment party and, for the next five months, life was happy.

But things soon started to go wrong. Jamie could be jeal­ous, con­trol­ling.

Once, he even pres­sured me into tak­ing a naked selfie, sex­ting it to him.

I didn’t want to but didn’t want to anger him, ei­ther.

I loved him and wanted to make things work for us.

But, soon, it seemed we were ar­gu­ing all of the time.

We kept split­ting up, get­ting back to­gether.

And with ev­ery break up we had, a lit­tle bit of my love for Jamie was chipped away. By June last year, things were un­bear­able. I was ut­terly mis­er­able. So I asked Jamie to leave. ‘Please let me stay,’ he wept. ‘We can sort things out.’ But I was de­ter­mined. And af­ter yet an­other mas­sive row, Jamie fi­nally left. Slowly, I moved on with my life. And, in Septem­ber last year, I even met a new man. Then, this Jan­uary, I woke up one morn­ing to some pic­ture mes­sages on Face­book. They were sent from a girl I didn’t recog­nise. One was a pic­ture I’d taken of my­self in the mir­ror, naked. That snap Jamie had pres­sured me to send him, back in early 2016. I felt sick. The scum­bag had ob­vi­ously shared it with some­one. But there were more pic­tures, too – one was of me naked, eyes closed as if I was asleep. An­other was of me car­ry­ing

Jamie pres­sured me into tak­ing a naked selfie

out a sex act on Jamie, and a video – taken from be­hind – of me and Jamie hav­ing sex. My in­sides churned. I’d ab­so­lutely no idea he’d taken those pho­tos.

I man­aged to get hold of the Face­book girl’s num­ber – and, my hands shak­ing and a sick feel­ing in the pit of my stom­ach, rang her. ‘What’s go­ing on?’ I de­manded, in tur­moil. ‘Jamie sent these pic­tures to me,’ she said. Out­raged, I hung up and phoned the po­lice. They took a state­ment and Jamie was ar­rested and charged. This July, on the day the trial was about to start at Pais­ley Sher­iff Court, Jamie Leitch, 25, fi­nally ad­mit­ted be­hav­ing in a threat­en­ing or abu­sive man­ner that would cause a rea­son­able per­son to suf­fer fear or alarm by dis­tribut­ing the im­ages of me. I learned that dozens of strangers had seen the in­ti­mate pic­tures.

Sick­en­ing.

In Septem­ber, Leitch was given a Com­mu­nity Pay­back Or­der, or­dered to do 250 hours un­paid work, placed on the sex of­fend­ers reg­is­ter for 18 months, and or­dered to pay £500 com­pen­sa­tion.

Pa­thetic!

I haven’t spo­ken to him since and I don’t want to.

I try not to worry about who else might have seen those hor­ri­ble pho­tos.

Now I’m in a happy, healthy re­la­tion­ship with a man I trust.

I’ve gone back to col­lege to study Beauty Ther­apy and I’m look­ing to the fu­ture.

I just wish I’d trusted my in­stincts with Jamie. I feel dis­gusted by the way he vi­o­lated me.

So I’m telling my story to warn other women. When it comes to men, go with your gut in­stincts.

And def­i­nitely steer clear of Jamie Leitch.

Vile

happy snap Now I’m in a strong, lov­ing re­la­tion­ship

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.