PARIS WEEK­END

Ro­man­tic Stay

Chic & Country - - Season - www.pavil­lon-de-la-reine.com

Le Pavil­lon de la Reine was built in 1612 for King Henry IV of France. It is in­trigu­ingly tucked away in the Place des Vos­ges. The ho­tel’s name refers to Queen Anne of Aus­tria who once stayed in one of the wings (and who gives her name to the ho­tel’s new restau­rant). It has the el­e­gance of a pri­vate home, with a won­der­ful sense of his­tory and un­der­stated so­phis­ti­ca­tion, in the heart of Le Marais, Paris’ oldest and trendi­est quartier. Pri­vately owned and fam­ily-run, its 56 rooms are in­di­vid­u­ally de­signed - many with an­tiques and ex­posed beams. The in­ti­mate spa is its recog­ni­tion of the modern era. It is the ideal place to re­treat to af­ter the hus­tle and bus­tle of a fran­tic day’s Christ­mas shop­ping.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.