Take V5s to Paris, UK clas­sic own­ers told

Classic Car Weekly (UK) - - This Week - Tom Sey­mour

The Fed­er­a­tion of Bri­tish His­toric Ve­hi­cle Clubs is ad­vis­ing clas­sic car own­ers driv­ing into Paris to take their V5 with them to avoid be­ing fined over new emis­sions reg­u­la­tions.

The French gov­ern­ment has con­firmed that clas­sic cars over 30 years old are ex­empt from the new Paris Low Emis­sions Zone (LEZ) but own­ers are strug­gling to get their grey ‘carte grise col­lec­tion vi­gnette’ or clas­sic car sticker.

All ve­hi­cles driv­ing in Paris from abroad for events like Rétro­mo­bile must now dis­play a Crit’Air colour-coded car emis­sions sticker, which can be bought for £3.60, to avoid be­ing fined.

While the French gov­ern­ment’s Air Qual­ity Cer­tifi­cate Ser­vice is now avail­able in English (www.cer­ti­fi­cat-air. gouv.fr) there is cur­rently no way for his­toric own­ers to get their stick­ers through the on­line reg­is­tra­tion process.

The FBHVC has asked for con­fir­ma­tion of how UK clas­sic own­ers can get stick­ers but has not yet re­ceived a re­sponse.

Com­mu­ni­ca­tions di­rec­tor Ge­off Lan­caster says: ‘If you are in a ve­hi­cle with a his­toric clas­si­fi­ca­tion and trav­el­ling to Paris our ad­vice would be to take your V5 with you to prove its age.’

Clas­sics are ex­empted from the Paris rules. Brits tak­ing clas­sics into Paris may be asked to prove their car’s age to avoid be­ing fined.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.