Graham Lawlor was at a sunny Snetterton to report on all the action at the CRMC’S penultimate 2016 meeting. With regular photographer Russ Lee over on the Isle of Man, Pete Morris (PJM Motorsport Photography) stepped in to take the pics.
1. The Open Class post-classic 125s were hugely entertaining all weekend, with 17-year-old Aiden Greenshields (24, Honda RS125) grabbing his first two CRMC wins and Saturday’s Rider of the Day award.
2. Ant Hart (TZ350) celebrates his victory in the Hercberg International Classic Race of Aces, flanked by second-place man Gary Thwaites (left, Weslake Titchmarsh 750) and Carl Adams (Kawasaki 1170).
3. You don’t see many of these! James Walker delighted the crowds by turning out on this incredibly rare 1967 Ex-works Jawa 350 two-stroke four. Riding it just the way it was intended, he grabbed a pair of second places behind Richard Molnar (T3 Molnar Manx) in Sunday’s European 350 class races.
4. In the early stages of the Race of Aces Ant Hart (Harris TZ350) fends off arch-rival George Hogton-rusling. Unfortunately, ‘GHR’ retired on lap seven, denying spectators the grandstand finish that all were eagerly anticipating.
5. Dave Grigson (Dicho Juchem TZ250) is one of the few riders regularly campaigning a 250 machine in the GP250/350 P/C class. With so manytz250s manufactured, where are the rest?
6. Experienced driver, Phil ‘The Pirate’ Luhr (Windle Imp 1040), has teamed up successfully this season with newcomer Sharon Reeves. Here they enjoy a spell at the front of the field ahead of champions-elect Kevin Hunt/alan Cracknell (66, Patterson Imp 998).
7. Local favourite Clive Ling (Delph Garage Seeley) cleaned up in the 350 Gold Stars with four stylish rides.
8. You can’t see it but there’s almost certainly a big smile on the face of Chris Chapman (Rob North 930) as he clinched both the Classic Racer Syndicate 1300 UK Classic series and CRMC 1300 Multis championship.
9. Richard Molnar (25, Molnar Manx) and Lee Hodge (14, Minnovation G50) are locked in a close battle for this season’s CRMC Classic 500 GP championship. Each man suffered a DNF, with Hodge narrowly beating his rival in the other two legs.