FRESH TUNA MELT
INGREDIENTS ✱ 2 x 120g fresh tuna fillets ✱ 4 slices of sourdough bread, buttered on one side ✱ 200g mixed grated cheese ✱ 2 tbsp wasabi mayonnaise ✱ 1 tbsp capers ✱ 4 gherkins, sliced ✱ 2 tsp finely diced onion ✱ Couple of handfuls of rocket
1. Rub the tuna fillets all over with a little olive oil and heat up a griddle pan over a high heat. When the pan is smoking hot, add the tuna and sear it for a minute on each side.
2. Remove the tuna from the pan, season to taste and set it aside to rest and cool slightly, before cutting into slices 4mm thick. For the best flavour, it should be nice and pink in the middle.
3. Place the bread slices buttered side down and sprinkle the grated cheese evenly over two of the slices, followed by the sliced tuna.
4. Spread the wasabi mayonnaise onto the other two slices of bread.
5. Finally divide the capers, sliced gherkins and diced onion between each slice, finishing off with the handfuls of rocket. Close the sandwiches and toast.