Inspired by country life in the Mediterranean, these bites will fill your party with a sunny atmosphere.
Mediterranean inspired party bites.
HAM & MOZZARELLA BUNS
12 buns. 2 h 45 min. 210 cal 500 g flour 1/2 tsp of salt 10 g yeast baking powder 60 g black olives 200 g sliced cured ham 150 g mozzarella 2 tomatoes 4 sprigs of basil Pepper
1. Mix the flour, yeast and salt. Add 300 ml of hot water slowly to the mixture. Then knead it until a damp dough is formed that doesn’t stick to the fingers and let it stand for 45 minutes. Form 12 buns. 2. Divide each bun and fill them with the ham, mozzarella, tomato, olives and basil. Add the pepper and seal the buns. 3. Let them ferment for 90 minutes covered with a damp cloth. Then bake for 20 minutes at 200°C and serve cold.
The trick: Place a bowl of water inside the oven so that the dough does not dry.
CRUDITÉS WITH PEPPER CREAM AND NUTS
4 persons. 30 min. 110 cal. 2 carrots 2 cucumbers 4 pieces of celery 1 red pepper 1 green pepper 1 yellow pepper Salt 200 g roasted peppers 1/2 yogurt 1 clove garlic 40 g walnuts Parsley The juice of half a lemon 1 tsp paprika 2 tbsps olive oil Pepper 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1. Scrape the carrots and clean the celery and peppers. Wash the cucumbers and then cut everything into slices. 2. Drain the roasted peppers (if necessary) and put them in a bowl. Then add the yogurt, clove of garlic, chopped nuts, juice, paprika, oil, vinegar, a few leaves of parsley, salt and pepper. 3. Blend all the ingredients until you obtain a smooth cream. Place the cream into 4 small bowls and then serve with the vegetable sticks.
The trick: Remove the celery fibres with a sharp knife before cutting it into slices.
TUNA BROCHETTES WITH HERB SAUCE
4 persons. 25 min. 195 cal.
400 g tuna 8 prawns 8 cherry tomatoes 1 green pepper 1 spring onion 1 lemon Olive oil Pepper 1 clove of garlic 4 sprigs of coriander 4 sprigs of parsley 1 bunch of watercress Salt
1. Wash the tuna and cut it into squares. Peel the prawns, leaving the end of the tail. Mix together and add the juice of half a lemon, a clove of garlic (peeled and chopped), salt and pepper, and marinate for about 30 to 40 minutes. 2. Wash the pepper, clean it and dice it. Clean the spring onion, wash it and peel it evenly. Then wash the coriander and parsley and mix with 5 tablespoons of oil, the juice of the other half of the lemon, salt and pepper. Separately, wash and slice the tomatoes. 3. Assemble the skewers by alternating the tuna, the prawns, the onion, the pepper and the tomatoes. Season and serve on a bed of washed watercress, dressed with the sauce.
The trick: If you cook the prawns and then you put them in water with ice, they peel easily.
MEAT & VEGETABLE PIE
6 persons. 50 min. 510 cal.
2 sheets of puff pastry 500 g minced meat 1 onion 2 tomatoes 4 cloves of garlic 1 red bell pepper 1 green pepper 4 tbsps of fried tomato Pepper Salt 125 ml white wine 1 egg Olive oil
1. Peel and chop the garlic, onion and tomatoes. Clean the peppers, wash them and cut them into cubes. Sauté the garlic for 1 minute in 3 tablespoons of oil. Add the meat, sauté for a few more minutes and then add the peppers and onion. Continue cooking for a few additional minutes and then add the chopped tomatoes. 2. Pour the wine in and let it evaporate. Add the fried tomatoes, salt and pepper. Line a plate with parchment paper and place a sheet of puff pastry on the plate. Prick the pastry all over with a fork and then add the filling. Then add the second sheet of pastry over the filling to form a lid and pinch the edges of the pastry to seal it.
3. Make a hole in the centre of the pastry. Brush it with the beaten egg and cook for 20 minutes in the preheated oven at 200°C.
The trick: If you have some pastry left over, cut the pastry into strips and form a lattice effect over the top of the pastry.
PAYSAN OMELETTE BITES
4 persons. 45 min. 200 cal.
6 eggs 2 potatoes 1 onion 1/2 zucchini 50 g frozen peas 1/2 green pepper and 1/2 red pepper 100 g cured ham in cubes Pepper Olive oil 2 tomatoes 1 cucumber Sprigs of dill Salt
1. Peel the potatoes, wash and slice them. Peel the onion and slice it. Add salt and pepper, and then stir for a few minutes with 200 ml of oil. 2. Clean the peppers and peel the zucchini. Wash both and dice them. Stir for a few minutes in the same potato oil. Then beat the eggs and add the vegetables, thawed peas, ham, salt and pepper. 3. Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a frying pan. Add the mixture and cook it for a few minutes on each side.
Remove and let cool. 4. Wash the cucumber and partially peel it. Wash the tomatoes and cut into slices. Cut the omelette into squares and serve with the cucumber and tomato on top (keeping everything together with a cocktail stick). Add dill to garnish and serve. The trick: If you add a little milk to the egg then the omelette will be much more fluffy.
MINI LEMON CAKES
12 pieces. 50 min. 155 cal. 110 g wheat flour for baking Butter 140 g sugar 2 eggs 1 tbsp lemon juice The zest of 1/2 lemon Salt Powdered sugar
1. Put 120 g softened butter in a bowl, add the sugar and whisk until you obtain a creamy mixture. Then add the eggs, one at a time, and beat again until they are folded in. 2. Add 90 g flour, a pinch of salt, lemon juice and zest. Then blend everything together until you have a smooth mixture. 3. Butter a mold and then place the dough in them. Bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven (180°C), and then remove and let cool. 4. Take the cakes out of the mold and serve sprinkled with icing sugar.
The trick: Decorate them with candied lemon slices: made by baking the slices with 200 g of sugar and 100 ml of water.