Staying safe and le­gal

Country Smallholding - - Ask the Experts -

If you want to use any of the per­mit­ted foods – or co-prod­ucts - men­tioned on page 26, both you and your sup­plier must reg­is­ter with your lo­cal author­ity un­der the Feed Hy­giene Reg­u­la­tion (EC) No 183/2005. The reg­is­tra­tion process is han­dled by the Trad­ing Stan­dards depart­ment of your lo­cal author­ity and you will have to sat­isfy cer­tain re­quire­ments, which in­clude that safe­guards are put in place to avoid any cross- con­tam­i­na­tion with meat or harm­ful sub­stances, and that com­pre­hen­sive records regarding de­liv­ery, stor­age, and us­age, are kept. There is no charge for reg­is­tra­tion. If the food waste con­tains a dairy prod­uct which is not pro­duced on your own hold­ing, you also need to in­form the An­i­mal and Plant Health Agency. In ad­di­tion, any­one trans­port­ing dairy prod­ucts or any other type of an­i­mal byprod­uct for use as an­i­mal feed needs to be reg­is­tered as a haulier.

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.