TEST YOUR HARRY POTTER KNOWLEDGE
IT’S hard to believe it’s 20 years since Harry Potter first appeared in the first of J. K. Rowling’s books about the boy wizard.
So much has happened to Harry since we first met him in Harry Potter and The Philosopher’s Stone, from his first term at Hogwarts to his final confrontation with Lord Voldemort.
But one thing is for sure, meeting him has been magic!
So, as we celebrate his 20th anniversary, what can you remember from that very first book?
1. What is the Number on the front of the Hogwarts Express?
2. What time were Harry, Hermione & Neville, expected to meet Filch in the entrance hall, for detention?
3. Who created the Philosopher’s Stone?
4. Where does Harry’s first meeting with Draco take place?
5. Which animal does Professor McGonagall appear as in the first chapter?
6. What is the only thing Harry remembers about his parents’ death?
7. How many silver sickles are there in a galleon?
8. Which teacher does Harry meet in The Leaky Cauldron pub?
9. What is the number of the vault the Philosopher’s Stone is kept in at Gringotts?
10. What is Harry’s wand made out of?
Daniel Radcliffe was chosen to play Harry on the big screen in 2001