How the island scandal unfolded
▪ Feb 2016: Daphne Caruana Galizia, pictured, connects minister Konrad Mizzi with tax havens in Panama.
▪ Feb 2016: She says PM Joseph Muscat’s chief of staff, Keith Schembri, has a trust in New Zealand.
▪ Apr 2016: Panama Papers confirm the pair own Panama companies.
▪ Oct 2017: Miss Caruana Galizia killed by car bomb on Malta. ▪ Dec 2017: Three men arrested over the attack. They plead not guilty.
▪ Aug 2018: Miss Caruana Galizia’s sons demand a public inquiry.
▪ Nov 20, 2019: Police arrest businessman Yorgen Fenech.
▪ Nov 26: Mr Mizzi and Mr Schembri resign.
▪ Nov 30: Mr Fenech is charged as accomplice in murder. Protesters take to streets.
▪ Yesterday: Mr Muscat to resign in the New Year.