1. Preheat the oven to 2000C (fan 1800C/gas mark 6).
2. Melt half of the oil in a heavy-based flameproof casserole dish over a medium to high heat. Add the onion and cook for one minute, then throw in the courgette, aubergine, oregano, thyme and two chopped garlic cloves. Fry, stirring regularly for five minutes, until the vegetables are starting to soften.
3. Add the tomato puree and orzo and mix to combine. Pour in the chopped tomatoes and chicken stock and bring the mixture quickly to the boil, stirring regularly. Put the lid on and slide the dish into the oven.
4. Meanwhile, melt the remaining oil in a large frying pan over a high heat. Add the sliced chicken and the remaining chopped garlic clove. Stir-fry the chicken so that it is virtually cooked through.
5. Sprinkle in the paprika along with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss the whole lot together.
6. Remove the pasta from the oven and carefully take off the lid, stir in the chicken, slide the lid back on and bake the whole lot together for 10 more minutes.
7. After 10 minutes, take the dish from the oven and stir through the parsley and chives. Serve straight from the dish to the masses.