CHICKEN NOODLE SOUP
Put the stock into a very large saucepan with the chicken, garlic, half the chilli, the carrot and ginger. Bring slowly to the boil and then reduce to a simmer for 15mins.
Keep simmering the soup but remove the chicken meat onto a clean chopping board. When cool enough to handle, using a very sharp knife, slice the thighs as thinly as possible and return to the saucepan. Using two forks pulling in opposite directions, shred the breast and return that, too.
Now add the mushrooms, spring onion, sweetcorn and noodles with a couple of good splashes of soy sauce. Cook gently for another 5mins until the noodles are soft.
Ladle out into large, warmed bowls with the remaining chillies, evenly scattering the chopped mint and finishing with a twist of black pepper. Leave the soy sauce bottle on the table. • 1 free range chicken breast
• 2 free range chicken thighs, skinless • 100g egg noodles
• 1.75ltr chicken stock
• 8 large shiitake mushrooms, thinly
• 1 large carrot, peeled, sliced into
• 1 red chilli, deseeded and thinly sliced • 1 clove of garlic, peeled, finely chopped • Small tin of sweetcorn, about 80g
• Small bunch of spring onions, finely
sliced, green sections included
• Small chunk of ginger, size of a grape,
• Handful of mint leaves, roughly sliced • Soy sauce
• Black pepper