EXPLORE ENGLAND 2017
If you love England, the English countryside, English history and English customs and traditions, you will not want to be without the latest edition of Explore England. Although packed with ideas for places to visit and perfect for helping you plan some memorable days out, the 100- page collection of fascinating articles ( published for the first time) and beautiful colour photographs can be enjoyed just as much from the comfort of your armchair. And such is the wide variety of subjects covered, all carefully planned and put together by the same editorial team that produces This England and Evergreen, we are confi dent that Explore England will continue to be of interest far beyond 2017.
• WALKING THE HARDY WAY: A leisurely ramble along the long- distance path, visiting many of the places associated with the great Wessex novelist and poet, with stunning photographs of the glorious Dorset countryside.
• MOST UNUSUAL MUSEUMS: A look at some of England’s quirkiest museums, where everything from pencils and packaging to lawnmowers and clay pipes are celebrated.
• BY TRAIN TO THE SEASIDE: We hop aboard a steam train on the West Somerset Railway and travel back in time to a more leisurely age.
• THE MANY FACES OF SOUTHWOLD: Colourful beach huts, an imposing lighthouse and a curious character called Southwold Jack are encountered during a visit to the Suffolk resort.
• ENGLAND’S FURTHEST FRONTIER: Following in the footsteps of the Romans we tramp along Hadrian’s Wall, hearing many entertaining stories along the way.
• SMUGGLERS, WRECKERS AND PIECES OF EIGHT: Steeped in maritime history, along the coast of Cornwall every cove and creek has an exciting story to tell.
• A useful region- by- region section providing information about places to visit in each county. Softback, 100 pages.
0800 074 0188 ( FREE from UK landlines) Mon- Fri 8am- 6pm, Sat 9am- 5pm. Overseas: + 44 1382 575052 This England Publishing Ltd., P. O. Box 814, Haywards Heath, Sussex RH16 9LQ. www. thisengland.co.uk E- mail: sales@ thisengland.co.uk
Dollar prices are subject to exchange rate variation if payment is made by debit/ credit card. A transaction fee may apply.
Just £ 6.99 to UK