Glossop Advertiser - - Home Advice - STILL HOME­LESS

Don’t shake on it un­til you’ve got the best deal for elec­tric­ity and gas, mo­bile phone, broad­band – in a cal­en­dar. Then start to act four weeks ahead.

Equip your­self with knowl­edge from com­par­i­son sites. These may show bet­ter deals than you are cur­rently pay­ing be­cause some sup­pli­ers cut prices to en­tice you to their prod­ucts.

Armed with this in­for­ma­tion, you should then phone your present a line mark­ing the bound­ary. IF your prop­erty is reg­is­tered at the Land Reg­istry the Land Reg­istry pre­pare their ti­tle plans us­ing the “gen­eral bound­aries rule”. This means the bound­aries shown on their plans in­di­cate the ap­prox­i­mate po­si­tion of the bound­ary and are not de­fin­i­tive. An old deed or con­veyance may con­tain a plan, but these are some­times not very ac­cu­rate and the bound­aries may have changed over time. Some­times ti­tle deeds will state whether bound­aries are party walls and fences (i.e. shared), or if a cer­tain bound­ary fea­ture be­longs to your prop­erty or a neigh­bour­ing prop­erty. In your case it seems likely that the bound­ary and fence are shared un­less the deeds state other­wise.

I’M in the process of buy­ing a house, but the solic­i­tors have had dif­fi­culty com­plet­ing the pur­chase as the bank has lost the ven­dors’ ti­tle deeds. It’s now six months since my of­fer was ac­cepted. They’ve now sug­gested re-reg­is­ter­ing the prop­erty. Surely this is too long to be kept wait­ing to buy a house?

IF the ti­tle was un­reg­is­tered, which seems likely, the ven­dors will have to make an ap­pli­ca­tion to the Land Reg­istry for reg­is­tra­tion, set­ting out their pe­riod of Whether it’s a bet­ter phone con­tract or in­surance for your pride and joy – don’t sim­ply ac­cept the first of­fer own­er­ship and why they do not pos­sess the ti­tle deeds among other things. It is likely the Land Reg­istry would only grant a “pos­ses­sory ti­tle” in the cir­cum­stances, and the seller should pro­vide in­dem­nity in­surance cover. Pro­vided you have not ex­changed con­tracts you are at lib­erty to pull out of the deal. Or, you could ask for a price re­duc­tion. Call Brom­leys Solic­i­tors LLP on 0161 330 6821 or visit www. brom­leys.co.uk. If you have any le­gal ques­tions, write to Prop­erty Law, MEN Me­dia, Mitchell Henry House, Hollinwood Av­enue, Chad­der­ton OL9 8EF, or email mail@lawQs.co.uk

Newspapers in English

Newspapers from UK

© PressReader. All rights reserved.