What’s been pushing your buttons on our website this month!
01. Poppers to stay! Labelled a “huge win” for campaigners, alkyl nitrates — aka ‘poppers’ — will not be banned by the Government. their removal from an upcoming legislative ban, declaring: “Poppers psychoactive substance.”
02. From Russia, with love. Moscow. Approved because trans passport, the happy couple said: “I sincerely hope, in the process, any homophobes burst with impotent rage.” Congrats!
03. Antarctica tops the polls... Planting Peace travelled to the flag to announce full human rights visiting, Antarctica.
04. Danny does drag. EastEnders heartthrob Danny Dyer dragged Nebraska. “Overwhelmed” by the idea of donning the heels, he later tweeted out a picture of him in full face with the hashtag, #freedomofexpression. Go Danny!
05. Under pressure. Georgia’s governor will veto a “deplorable” ‘religious liberty’ bill following international pressure. House Bill 747 would allow faith groups to refuse service to gay people, or even “permit hospitals to refuse medically necessary care” if passed. Marvel, Disney and Apple were just condemned it as discriminatory.
06. Villain of the month: NHS
England. the transmission of HIV, will not be made available on the NHS. the Government, NHS England later pledged £2m to ‘implementer test sites’ over two years. Shameful.