Puppy has a loose screw
And an operation to remove it
APUPPY is recovering from surgery after swallowing a metal screw.
Millie, a two-month-old cocker spaniel, caught her owners, the Platt family of Pole Hill Road, Hayes End, by surprise when the screw fell out of a trouser pocket and she pounced.
Emma Platt said: “We’ve only had Millie for a couple of weeks. She’s great but, like all puppies, she’s mischievous and curious.
“As I was sorting out some washing the screw fell out of my husband, Elliott’s, trousers and she ran forward and grabbed it.
“My older daughter, Maddie, saw her do it and warned me. I opened her mouth and tried to get it out – I even managed to touch it but, before I could get hold of it, she swallowed it.”
Mrs Platt took Millie straight to the Goddard Veterinary Group in Uxbridge Road, where vet Reza Sadeghi took the dog for an X-ray to confirm the location of the screw.
He then operated to remove it from Millie’s stomach. It went well and she is recovering back home with her family.
Mrs Platt said: “We’re relieved to have her back home, safe and well and, while she needs to take it easy while her stitches heal, we know she’ll be back to her old tricks soon.
“I’ve told Elliott to be careful about what he leaves in his trouser pockets from now on.”
News from your local RSPCA branch – page 32
n MISCHIEVOUS: Millie and owner Emma Platt