Historic Tavern given new look
Pub dating back to 1728 is refurbished
ONE of Ealing’s most historic pubs, the Ealing Park Tavern, has reopened following an extensive refurbishment under new owners, ETM Group.
Featuring a 60-cover restaurant, large bar, two private function rooms and an expansive walled garden, the pub, in South Ealing Road, opened its doors to customers on December 8.
It has retained the traditional charm that secured its place in the London Inventory of Historic Pub Interiors, while embracing a stylish refurbishment.
In 1728, the pub operated as the Lewis Furnell Brewhouse where brewing took place on site until the mid 1800s. Now, more than 200 years on, the pub is bringing the art of brewing back with its own microbrewery.
Brewing bitters and pale ales, as well as special seasonal additions, the microbrewery will provide its wares direct to the bar with the Ealing Park Tavern Brewmaster on hand for tastings, tutorials and beer and food matching dinners.
A range of menus includes lunch, dinner, bar snacks and Sunday lunch, all characterised by the use of British and European seasonal produce, sourced from select UK farms and niche suppliers,
There will also be an extensive wine list to sit alongside the homebrewed ales, premium bottled lagers, cider, spirits and classic cocktails.
A number of events and special evenings will add to the atmosphere to ensure the Ealing Park Tavern becomes the go-to local for the neighbourhood.